TERMS & CONDITIONS
Welcome to the Medsimple Online E-Learning Platform. The Medsimple website and service including (without limitation) all websites and other interactive properties through which the service is delivered (collectively, the “Service”) are owned, operated and distributed by Medsimple.
You agree that by clicking “Join Now”, “Join E-learning”, “Sign Up” or similar, registering, accessing or using our services you are agreeing to enter into a legally binding contract with Medsimple (including if you are using our Services on behalf of a company). If you do not agree to this contract (“Terms and Conditions” or “User Agreement”), do not click “Join Now” (or similar) and do not access or use any of our Services. You can terminate this contract by closing your account and no longer accessing or using our Services.
This contract applies to www.medsimple.co.uk, Medsimple Online E-Learning Platform and other Medsimple-related sites and other services that state that they are offered under this Contract (“Services”).
You are entering into this Contract with Medsimple (also referred to as “we” and “us”).
This Contract applies to Members and Visitors.
1.1 Members and Visitors
When you register and join this e-learning platform, you become a Member. If you have chosen not to register for our Services, you may access certain features as a “Visitor.”
When you enrol in a class on the Site, you agree to the following rules:
- You will accept all of the terms and conditions including the cancellation policy listed in the Service when you agree to enrol in or access a class on the e-learning platform.
- You may access class content for your information and personal use only.
- You will not copy any materials or techniques for purposes of your own or others’ classes.
- Medsimple reserves the right to delete or suspend your account if you violate any of our rules, or at any time and for any reason.
- You will use the Service only for lawful purposes and agree to not use the Service in any way that will infringe upon the use or rights of any other user.
- Your use of the Service is subject to all applicable laws and regulations, and you are solely responsible for the substance of your communications through the Service.
- You will not upload any copyrighted, trademarked, or proprietary materials on the Service without the expressed permission of the owner. You will not post any content that infringes on any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, right of publicity, or other intellectual property or proprietary right of any party.
- You assume full responsibility for the content of the Service offered.
- You understand that classes posted are publicly available to be viewed and accessed by any student.
- You agree that you will not engage in any behaviour that constitutes unauthorized or unsolicited advertising, junk or bulk email (also known as “spamming”), chain letters, any other form of unauthorized solicitation, or any form of lottery or gambling.
- You will not share content from the Service with anyone who is not properly licensed to access the content.
- You will not upload, share, post, distribute or otherwise partake in any behaviour that is unlawful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libelous, deceptive, fraudulent, invasive of another’s privacy, tortious, contains explicit or graphic descriptions or accounts of sexual acts (including but not limited to sexual language of a violent or threatening nature directed at another individual or group of individuals), or otherwise violates our rules or policies.
- You will not partake in any behaviour that victimizes, harasses, degrades, or intimidates an individual or group of individuals on the basis of religion, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, age, or disability.
- You will not share software viruses or any other computer code, files, or programs that are designed or intended to disrupt, damage, or limit the functioning of any software, hardware, or telecommunications equipment or to damage or obtain unauthorized access to any data or other information of any third party.
- You will not impersonate any person or entity, including any of our employees or representatives.
- You will not use your account to breach security of another account or attempt to gain unauthorized access to another network or server. Not all parts of the Service may be available to you or other authorized users of the Service. You shall not interfere with anyone else’s use and enjoyment of the Service. Users who violate systems or network security may incur criminal or civil liability.
2 Service Eligibility
Here are some promises that you make to us in this Contract:
To use the Medsimple Service, you agree that:
- You are over the age of 16.
- You will only have one Medsimple account which must have your real name.
- You are not already limited by Medsimple to use our service.
2.1 Your Account
- You will keep your password a secret and create a strong password.
- You will not share an account with anyone else and will follow our rules and the law.
2.2 Payment and cancellation
Payments are non-refundable and there is no refund for partially used periods. In the event where you cancel your subscription to the e-learning, you will instantly lose access to all the classes you enrolled into. In order to access these classes again, you will need to pay and re-enrol.
As a user of the e-learning platform, you accept that:
- Your purchase may be subject to foreign exchange fees or differences in prices based on location (e.g. exchange rates).
- If you purchase a subscription, your payment method automatically will be charged at the start of each subscription period for the fees and taxes applicable to that period. To avoid future charges, cancel before the renewal date.
- All of your purchases of Services are subject to Medsimple’s refund policy.
You can get a copy of your invoice through your Medsimple account settings under “Purchase History”.
2.3 Notices and Messages
You are fine with us giving you notices and messages through our website and contact information. Make sure your contact details are up to date, otherwise you will not receive these notices.
Also, you agree and are fine with us providing you with information within the Service and/or using the contact information that you have provided us with (e.g., email, phone). You agree to keep your contact information up to date.
3. Rights and Limits
3.1. Your License to Medsimple
If you submit suggestions or feedback regarding our Services to Medsimple, you agree that we can use and share such feedback for whatever purpose without any form of compensation to you.
3.2 Intellectual Property Rights
Medsimple reserves all of its intellectual property rights in the Services. Logos and trademarks used along with the Services are the trademarks of their respective owners. Medsimple, other Medsimple trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used for our Services are trademarks or registered trademarks of Medsimple.
The entire contents of the Service are protected by trademark laws and other proprietary rights. The owners of the copyrights are Medsimple, its affiliates and/or other third party licensors. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit, or distribute, in any manner, the material on the service, including text, graphics, code and/or software. In the event where download class material and notes are downloadable, you may print them only for your own non-commercial use provided that you agree not to change or delete any copyright or proprietary notices from the materials, and not to share any material that you paid for with anyone else who has not also purchased a license for that material.
- We can make changes to the Medsimple e-learning platform and other Services without notice or liability.
- We have the right to terminate your membership, account, payment, or other affiliation with the Service at any time and for any reason.
- We can change our eligibility criteria at any time. If these things are prohibited by law where you live, then we revoke your right to use the e-learning platform in that jurisdiction.
- We will cooperate fully with investigations of violations of systems or network security at other sites, including cooperating with law enforcement authorities in investigating suspected criminal violations.
- We have the right to cancel and remove comments and classes at any time and for any reason.
Medsimple is not liable for any damages as a result of any of these actions, and it is our policy not to comment on the reasons for any such action.
Disclaimer of warranties
The service and all materials included therein are provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, or the warranty of non-infringement. Without limiting the foregoing, we make no warranty that (a) the service and materials will meet your requirements, (b) the service and materials will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free, (c) the results that may be obtained from the use of the service or materials will be effective, accurate or reliable, or (d) the quality of any class that you attend via the service, or any other products, services, or information purchased or obtained by you from the service from us or our affiliates will meet your expectations or be free from mistakes, errors or defects.
The service could include technical or other mistakes, inaccuracies or typographical errors. We may make changes to the service and any of the content or features included therein, including the prices and access rules for any functionality, at any time without notice. The content included on the service may be out of date, and we make no commitment to update such content.
The use of the service or the downloading or other acquisition of any materials through the service is done at your own discretion and risk and with your agreement that you will be solely responsible for any damage or loss of data that results from such activities.
You understand and agree that temporary interruptions of the service may occur as normal events. You further understand and agree that we have no control over third party networks you may access in the course of the use of the service, and therefore, delays and disruption of other network transmissions are completely beyond our control.
You understand and agree that the service is provided “as is” and that we assume no responsibility for the timeliness, deletion, mis-delivery or failure to store any user communications or personalization settings.